The Wellesley Council on Aging, Waterstone at Wellesley and the Wellesley Free Library invite you to exhibit at our 4th annual “Senior Art Show”. We will be hosting the Senior Art Show at the Wellesley Main Library, 530 Washington Street, and your art work will be displayed during the month of June. We hope that you enjoyed participating last year and that you will consider joining us again! We are asking all those who are interested in exhibiting to notify us by Friday, April 15, 2016.
Please read the information below for more details:
Individuals wishing to participate must respond with the following information by Friday, April 22, 2016:
· Contact Information (First & last name, Email address, Phone, Address)
· Title of your work
· Is your piece for sale? If yes, at what price? (Note: artwork may be sold, but purchaser must contact the artist directly, so please provide all of your contact information. Library policy is that you are expected to donate $10% of your proceeds to the library.)
· Website (Do you have a website that you would like to list in the program?)
Requirements: At this time, Artists may submit one piece for exhibit. This is subject to change pending the number of participating artists. Show is open to 2D and 3D artwork, including, drawings, paintings, photography, printmaking, mixed media and sculpture. No size constraints, except for 3D artwork. If your artwork size is considered to be out of the ordinary, we will address on a case by case basis. Your artwork should be framed and/or presented for ready hanging/display. No saw-tooth hangers, clip frames or sandwich frame.
Important dates to remember:
· Art drop off at the Wellesley Free Library (530 Washington Street, Wellesley): Wednesday, June 1 from 10:00-11:30 a.m.
· Artists’ reception Thursday, June 2, 7:00-8:30 p.m. (You will be receiving an official invitation for the opening reception. You are welcome to invite family and friends to attend. Please be sure to RSVP with the number of attendees in the party).
· Community Celebration: Sunday, June 5, 2:00-4:00 p.m.
· Show opens Thursday, June 2 through Wednesday, June 29 (open to the public during library hours).
· Pick up work at end of show: Thursday, June 30 from 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. If you cannot pick up your artwork, please arrange with a friend to pick it up for you!
If you have questions, please contact Ashley Shaheen, Senior Activities Coordinator at the Wellesley Council on Aging 781-235-3961.